Kaitlyn had a few things going on today. Vent is still in, she developed 2 bacterial infections and has tons of chest secretions. They are suctioning her almost hourly. Doctors are anxious to get her off the vent. She has sprinted well (practice runs), but they are afraid her secretions will be unmanageable with out the vent tube to suction them out of. She had a blood transfusion today (she's anemic, and has had a few problems with her oxygen saturation), they thought the new blood would help with her oxygen levels and it has. Other then that it is a waiting game. She is waking up more, she opened her eyes today and really looked at us for the first time since surgery! She gets uncomfortable from time to time, they are weaning her off of her pain meds hoping that will help her come off the vent. Up until now she's been pretty snowed. Today was an okay day. It could have been worse. We are praying for an excellent day tomorrow.
We are getting a few visitors over the weekend, it will be a nice distraction having them here. I probably won't get to a computer until Monday, so look for an update then.
Thanks again to our amazing support team, and the many people who are praying for our brave little girl. See you Monday!