Monday, September 27, 2010

Buddies, Fall, Family & Friends

I think each time a new season arrives I catch myself saying it's my favorite time of year. Fall has arrived in Western Michigan and I'm loving it. We've spent most Saturday's cooking/baking. First was our favorite cinnamon rolls, then it was chicken noodle soup, and chili is next. It is apple season, there will be plenty of apple crisp (my choice for a birthday cake) and many honey crisp apples on the counter for eating. Yum!
Fall also is the Buddy Walk, October is Down syndrome awareness month, and it is also the anniversary of Kaitlyn's heart surgery. Many thoughts and emotions this Fall. Kaitlyn is doing AMAZING, she is reaching so many milestones and growing so fast. I can't believe she is almost 14 months old! She has taken a curious interest in her new baby brother and enjoys spending time with him (clawing his eyes out :).
This past Saturday was our Buddy Walk. Our closest friends and family came out to support my favorite buddy. The symbolism of the walk combined with watching our favorite people love on my children made my heart full. THANK YOU so much to all of you for coming. We were also joined by our newest closest friends. Kaitlyn's diagnosis of Down syndrome has taken us on such an amazing journey. I've met 3 local special moms and their kiddos. They've become my family. I am such a better person with them in my life and again I'd like to thank God for his miraculous planning. I don't know where I'd be without Him and my new friends!
Below you will find the latest pictures of Kaitlyn as well as some Buddy Walk pictures and a video. Enjoy!
Kaitlyn 13 months old






Our team, We're In Kaitlyn's Korner!


My favorite girls!



Abigail 6m, Lily 18m, Kaitlyn 13m
Pretty Girls
-Pause the music at the bottom before pushing play-
(ctrl-end)
If you can't see the video click here.
Buddies, Fall, Family & Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment