Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Countdown To Baby...

Just a quick update for everyone on the Ross household...

We are having a baby Friday morning. Our little man has showed no signs of arriving early so my csection is scheduled for 7:30am on this Friday, July 30. Time has flown by. I'm getting nervous, have lost control of my emotions, and am sooooo ready to meet this little guy! I'm ready to reclaim my body, be a better wife and mother, and so excited to start this next chapter in our lives.

Kaitlyn has mastered going from her belly to a sitting position. It happened slowly over the course of a week and now she does it all the time. We are so proud of her. This was a huge milestone. The only down fall is that she sits up in her crib when we lay her down at bed time. She has always put herself to sleep, we've been really lucky. But this week (of all weeks) she is forgetting she knows how to lay down. She screamed (and she NEVER screams) the first night, I thought for sure the mobile fell on her head :) Nope, she was sitting up half a sleep, once I laid her down she crashed. Silly girl! The second night I thought went better, less crying, no again, she fell asleep in the sitting position, she just laid her head and belly down in between her legs, she woke up mad. She is so flexible!

The boys are doing good. The last weeks they have been asking a lot of questions about the new baby coming. I keep reassuring them that I won't be gone nearly as long as I was when Kaitlyn was born or when she had her heart surgery. They are trying to process it all and figure out where they fit into all of this. I feel good that all will go well and baby and I are home in a couple days nice and healthy.

I received a phone call tonight from my parents down in Tennessee. They told me that they are coming from the birth. We are thrilled. Up until now the plan was for them to wait a few weeks and come after Blair had to return to work. They are going to be able to come then too. My Dad said he just couldn't stay away!It will be nice having them here for the weekend. Blair will enjoy the extra help and I will enjoy the extra visitors, and the boys are ecstatic, and Kaitlyn, well, she loves people and will enjoy the attention. Kaitlyn is doing so much more then she did back in May when they were here last, I can't wait to show her off!

So that's it in a nutshell! We are having a baby, things are going to be crazy in a wonderful kind of way. I look forward to sharing our newest addition with all of you. I showed Blair a few basics on blogger hoping he can post a couple pictures and a few updates. If not I'll try to do it shortly after I get home. Prayers are appreciated! Wish me luck!

Kaitlyn's birthday is next week! Watch for her 1 year video montage, I can't wait to share it!

3 comments:

  1. Max STILL won't lay down when I put him in bed, and I have to get up a couple of times a night to lay him back down when he sits up and cries in his sleep during the night - it's making me crazy! (It's been since Memorial Day) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how exciting! So cute about her sitting up in her crib and falling asleep that way, Emily has learned to sit up and she has started doing it when I lay her down to sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting time! You are in my prayers as you welcome your new little boy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete