Monday, June 29, 2009

Our family begins...

Where do I start?

Blair and I were married in Fall 2003. Children were always a part of our plan. We immediately started trying and within 5 months we were pregnant. Brady arrived in November 2004. My pregnancy was routine with the exception of 5 months of horrible morning sickness. He was born healthy and the unpleasant pregnancy memories quickly vanished.

Call us crazy, but when Brady was 7 months old we started "taking the chance" of getting pregnant again. Much to our surprise the very next month we were pregnant. This pregnancy was slightly more pleasant than my first and Bryce was born in April 2006. They are 16 1/2 months apart. He too was healthy and we knew we were blessed to be given our two sweet boys.

After Bryce was born I made the decision to return to school. Content at home with our little family, I felt it was a good time to start working on a Nursing degree. This was always something I wanted to pursue. The waiting list at the school was around 3 years long so I slowly began taking all the non-nursing classes I needed waiting to start the program. The wait was not an issue for me, I wanted to continue to stay home with the boys as long as possible. Over those couple years time flew by and the boys grew. I began wanting another baby. (We always knew we wanted 3) After a lot of discussion we decided to start trying again. Nursing school was still a ways off and we decided it was either now or not until I had completed the program.

During this time Blair and I continued to plan our life. With much clarity we can see now that our plan was not what God had planned for us. Living through it day to day was not easy. I wasn't getting pregnant, and when I finally did it ended in an early miscarriage. This was devastating for us. Many times we questioned whether or not we were doing the right thing. As time went on Nursing school grew closer and our window was closing. We literally had decided we were going to try one more month and then call it quits until after Nursing school. I got pregnant! We were absolutely elated! It had been such an emotional roller coaster ride. We were cautiously optimistic, and this past Christmas 2008 we shared the news with our friends and family. Could it be a girl?!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am excited for your daughter's arrival! It's easy to see that Kaitlyn will join a loving and supportive family! What fun you will have!

    ReplyDelete